About Me

My photo
Pacific Northwest, United States
We'll use this blog to put out some photo tips we've found through our shooting experiences. Along with family stuff. Going to give this blog thing a try and thanks in advance for looking. And especially being aware I'm learning all this as I go!

Followers

Sunday, March 6, 2011

THREE WEEKS IN FRANCE May 8, 2008 Ile d’Oleron & #Lighthouse Phare de Chassiron

Today is the beginning of another holiday so the boys are home.
We left after breakfast for an island called Ile d’Oleron. There is a lighthouse here that I climbed the 200 steps up spiral stairs to the top. I knew it would be quite a climb up the stairs and was determined to do it. Might take several stops but I began the climb. I was doing pretty good then at the last 30 or so steps I had an unpleasant surprise, the stairs became very steep & narrow. I wasn’t about to give up after getting so close to the top so I figured as long as I had the rail to hang onto what could happen. When I got to the top I was glad I didn't chicken out, the view was great. Thierry and the boys had gone to the beach and I could see them from the top. The beach is unusual with deep grooves in a rocky ground with a lot of tide pools. I had gone up to the top alone as I said I would have to stop a lot and didn’t want to slow the kids down. As I suspected not long after I saw them all on the sidewalk below they were inside and on the top in hardly anytime at all. We had a nice lunch on the island and headed back later in the afternoon.







Here is Mia, the superwoman blowing over a tree.






Yoyo & Delphine arrived during the afternoon for Ethan’s baptism on Sunday. Mia had said that baptism are as big an event as a wedding so all the family is invited. We all had dinner together that night. Evelyne and Rene had gone out and bought several types of cheeses so we could sample since we were enjoying all the different new flavors.

Here is some more of Thierry's father's gardening skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment