About Me

My photo
Pacific Northwest, United States
We'll use this blog to put out some photo tips we've found through our shooting experiences. Along with family stuff. Going to give this blog thing a try and thanks in advance for looking. And especially being aware I'm learning all this as I go!

Followers

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Adventure in Alaska--Day One 6/17/2012

ARRIVING IN ANCHORAGE AT MIDNIGHT FOR A SUNSET!

We left Portland, Oregon at 4:30 p.m. with a layover in Seattle, Washington where we watched the sunset at 9 p.m.  Our flight left shortly after that for Anchorage, Alaska.  During the 3 1/2 hour flight it never got totally dark and shortly before landing in Anchorage we saw the sun come back up.  Sadly enough I had put my camera away under the seat in front of me as we were going to land shortly.  I say sadly because I couldn't get it back out quickly enough to catch the most incredible light I've ever seen.  We came down through the clouds and when we saw the mountain peaks, the underside of the clouds and the ocean we found they were bathed in the most amazing shades of red.  As any photographer knows these sights are fleeting.  I did capture this light in the image above and had to be satisfied with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment