About Me

My photo
Pacific Northwest, United States
We'll use this blog to put out some photo tips we've found through our shooting experiences. Along with family stuff. Going to give this blog thing a try and thanks in advance for looking. And especially being aware I'm learning all this as I go!

Followers

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Revisiting the USA Desert Southwest 2005

This was my first  ever''Wowser' photo taken in Antelope Canyon Arizona


Way back when in 2005 I was just discovering the wonders of digital photography.  I had my little Canon Rebel X and was on top of the world.  Looking back now at the images I took on this beautiful trip I can only sigh.  And wish I had understood my camera more.  I wasn't used to being able to change my ISO, was scared to death of shooting in RAW and just did not grasp how bad my photos could look when the shutter speed was so slow.  I did use a tripod (sometimes) but regardless of all that I did get some photos that I thought were pretty good.  
So join me on a little walk down memory lane to some of our beautiful desert areas in the Southwest.
Bryce Canyon Utah at Sundown

And Bryce Canyon at Sunrise
North Rim Grand Canyon Arizona
North Rim Grand Canyon at Sundown
Old Paria in Escalante Utah  This was the setting for many Westerns,
including The Outlaw Jesse Wales.

Horseshoe Bend in Page Arizona.  Crawled on my hands & knees to take the 2 images that were later stitched together to create this shot.  No way could I stand and shoot over the edge!

Antelope Canyon in Page Arizona  Followed behind a photo
group and was able to catch remnants of their leftover sunbeams.
More of Antelope Canyon  I liked the ghost like figure in
this sunbeam.  This is created by throwing sand into the sunbeam.



The famous Mittens of Monument Valley Arizona at Sundown

Navajo Indian showing how she weaves baskets in a
native dwelling in Monument Valley

Aztec Ruins in Northern New Mexico


Doorways in the interiors of Aztec Ruins.





Taos Pueblo Taos New Mexico  This is the oldest continual populated community in the USA today.

Cemetery & Bell Tower in Taos Pueblo
One of the homes in Taos Pueblo


Mesa Verde Colorado
Canyonland Utah  This is several images stitched together to make a panorama.
Newspaper Rock in Canyonland Utah
Cactus Blooms in the Desert Springtime

Overlooking one of the large canyons in Canyonland

And last is an often overlooked little valley in Utah called Goblin Valley.  Check out how large these rocks are.  Can you find the people?



No comments:

Post a Comment